Effective Monday May 18, 2020, the Waupaca CVSO office will resume scheduled in-person appointments.
The health and safety of our veteran and broader community is a top priority. We all share responsibility for sustaining/improving the health of our communities by adhering to the guidance of the Public Health authorities. With that in mind, phone and e-mail is an appropriate method of handling many questions and some claims related work. Consider reaching the Waupaca CVSO office by phone and e-mail at 715-258-6475 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Considerations to Remember During this Rapidly Evolving Situation:
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus
- People over age 60 and those who are medically vulnerable should continue to shelter in place
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid close/personal contact with people who are sick
- Maintain a social distance of 6 feet when in public
- Consider properly wearing a mask (cloth nose/mouth covering) in public
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer (washing is preferable)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- For the most current and reliable information regarding COVID-19 visit:
The Waupaca CVSO office is accepting scheduled in-person appointments beginning Monday May 18, 2020. You must phone 715-258-6475 and choose option 1 to schedule your appointment.
2020 COVID-19 Waupaca CVSO Office Ops Update Press Release
The Waupaca County Veterans Service Office provides assistance to Waupaca County veterans and their dependents in obtaining federal and state veterans benefits. Information regarding complex eligibility requirements, as well as benefits counseling and assistance with all stages of the application process is provided without cost.
Are you a veteran who could use some help, or do you know one?
Find our referral form here: Waupaca CVSO Referral Form
8AM - 4PM Monday - Friday
Outreach:1st Wednesday of each month
Clintonville City Hall 9AM - 11AM
New London City Hall 1PM - 3PM
County Veterans Service Officer
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Wisconsin Dept of Veterans Affairs
Waupaca County Veterans Service Commission Emergency GrantThe purpose of the emergency grant is to provide temporary emergency aid to eligible veterans or their surviving spouse. The emergency grant can help with personal or family basic emergency necessities to include food, utilities, housing, transportation, and other commission approved basic needs. All emergency grants are subject to approval by the Waupaca County Veterans Service Commission.
Get the application here.
Assistance for managing finances: Financial Information & Service Center, Inc: Blank application here.