Planning and Zoning Office
Planning and Zoning
The Waupaca County Planning & Zoning Office
- Issues Land Use Permits for all structures that will be on your property for more than 30 calendar days in a year (Dupont, Fremont and Harrison issue their own Land Use Permits for properties not in shoreland areas.)
- Issues Shoreland Permits for all structures within the Shoreland in all Townships, including Dupont, Fremont and Harrison) NOTE: ADOBE - If your applications aren't printing right, you might need to update your adobe
- Reviews all land divisions to make sure they are compliant with the Waupaca County Subdivision Ordinance
- Issues all sanitary permits
- Undertakes Planning activities in five categories: transportation, land use, natural resources, local assistance and economic development
Planning & Zoning Committee meeting:
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2020
All interested persons wishing to be heard are invited to be present. In response to the recent COVID 19 pandemic and the recommendations for social distancing, all interested persons are invited to participate by providing written email comments to Jason.Snyder@co.waupaca.wi.us by July 13, 2020 or by attending the hearing at the scheduled time via the Zoom website at the following:
- URL: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89363997601?pwd=aEJtaFdWSUJYRHdINDZWUFFEajFSQT09
- Meeting ID: 893 6399 7601 Meeting password: ******** 951132
- Participation may also be by telephone only access into the video platform. For the telephone access information, please call 1-312-626-6799
The meeting can also be viewed through the following link to watch a live stream on YouTube for any Waupaca County remote access meeting. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLTWDB7UAKvFtU07vcs08zQ/
SKIP THE TRIP
Please call or email our office to see if you can do business remotely, phone numbers and email addresses are on the right.
Thanks to your patience and support, the Planning & Zoning Office has maintained operations throughout the ongoing 2020 COVID-19 pandemic. As we begin to experience more in-person traffic at the courthouse, we continue to seek your support and cooperation. The health and safety of our community is a top priority. We all share responsibility for sustaining/improving the health of our community by adhering to the guidance of the Public Health authorities. With that in mind, phone and e-mail is an appropriate method of handling many forms of county business. Consider contacting the county before you visit in-person to see if you can skip the trip to the courthouse. Together we can continue to provide the services you depend upon while moving forward in a safe and resilient way.
For the most up-to-date and reliable information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and the local public health response, click here LINK.
Flooding Concerns 2020
Notice: Waupaca County shall maintain a list of persons who submit a written or electronic request to receive notice of any proposed ordinance or amendment that affects the allowable use of the property owner by that person. This list shall be updated at least annually.
For those with proposed solar farms or those interested in planning ahead, Minnesota has technical guidance for establishing pollinator habitat (prairie) in solar farms. Their guidance includes information about seed mixes and densities, options for where to plant pollinator habitat within solar farms, and their state certification process.
It's available at http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/publications/ewr/prairie_solar_tech_guidance.pdf
Waupaca County Planning & Zoning Office
811 Harding St.
Waupaca WI 54981
Office Hours 8-4 M-F
(Zoning, Shoreland, Floodplain, Junk)
(Zoning, Shoreland, Floodplain)
(Zoning, Shoreland, Floodplain, Junk)