As a proactive and responsible measure to COVID-19, Waupaca County Clerk’s Office is encouraging the community to practice the social distancing guidelines as recommended by the Waupaca County Health Department, Waupaca County Emergency Management Department, Wisconsin Department of Health Services and the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We urge citizens to postpone in-person visits to the courthouse until further notice. For any business with the county, please phone ahead as many inquiries can be resolved via phone and e-mail.
Additionally, you may experience some delays in communication from our office as we work to ensure and adapt staffing to meet the functional needs of our office. We appreciate your patience and support during this time.
Effective 3/16/2020, we are temporarily suspending passport applications acceptance and our Tuesday night later hours until further notice. Marriage license applicants should call ahead and will be by appointment only.
This situation is dynamic and rapidly evolving. For the most up to date and reliable information regarding COVID-19 in Waupaca County, please visit https://www.co.waupaca.wi.us/departments/health_and_human_services/covid-19.php
The County Clerk’s office can be reach by calling 715-258-6200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The County Clerk is an elected County Consitutional Officer, authorized by Wisconsin Statute 59.23. Among the department's many duties are:
serves as manager and administrator for County records
- issues marriage licenses and cutting permits
- passport acceptance agent
- posts agendas and meeting notices
- prepares and distributes annual Directory of Public Officials
performs other duties as directed by State Statutes and as assigned by the County Board
General Information on Other Offices
- To pay fees, fines or tickets, or to ask questions about court dates, jury duty, or divorce papers, contact the Clerk of Courts at 715-258-6460
- For a birth, marriage, or death certificate, contact the Register of Deeds Office at 715-258-6250
- To purchase a plat book, contact the UW Extension Office at 715-258-6230
- If you have questions about or need to pay your property taxes, contact the County Treasurer's Office at 715-258-6220
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Tuesday
*Please note we are NOT the Clerk of Courts Office. Clerk of Court hours can be found by clicking here.
Chief Deputy County Clerk
Deputy County Clerk
LL42, LL43 & 1068 Room Reservation **Employees Only