Planning and Zoning Office
Planning and Zoning
The Waupaca County Planning & Zoning Office:
- Issues Land Use Permits for all structures that will be on your property for more than 30 calendar days in a year (Dupont, Fremont and Harrison issue their own Land Use Permits for properties not in shoreland areas.)
- Issues Shoreland Permits for all structures within the Shoreland in all Townships, including Dupont, Fremont and Harrison)
- NOTE: ADOBE - If your applications aren't printing right, you might need to update your adobe
- Reviews all land divisions to make sure they are compliant with the Waupaca County Subdivision Ordinance
- Issues all sanitary permits
- Undertakes Planning activities in five categories: transportation, land use, natural resources, local assistance and economic development
Zoning Ordinance Revisions:
The Planning & Zoning Office is currently working on some revisions to the Waupaca County Zoning Ordinance, Chapter 34, and the Waupaca County Subdivision Ordinance, Chapter 37.
Click here to see a summary of those proposed revisions.
Click here to see the track changes copy of the Waupaca County Zoning Ordinance.
Comprehensive Planning Projects:
Town of Union - The Plan Commission of the Town of Union will be holding meetings to discuss and make changes to the Town's Comprehensive Plan.
Comprehensive Planning Sessions were held last winter on Tourism and Broadband Internet (see presentations and fact sheet below)
- Joint Effort Marketing Tourism Development Initiative Presentation
- Tourism Presentation
- Tourism Fact Sheet
- Broadband Internet Presentation
Feedback on these sessions, or suggestions of other topics to cover is appreciated. click here.
Notice: Waupaca County shall maintain a list of persons who submit a written or electronic request to receive notice of any proposed ordinance or amendment that affects the allowable use of the property owner by that person. This list shall be updated at least annually.
Waupaca County Planning & Zoning Office
811 Harding St.
Waupaca WI 54981
Office Hours 8-4 M-F
Deputy Zoning Administrator
(Zoning, Shoreland, Septic)
(Zoning, Shoreland, Floodplain, Junk)
(Zoning, Shoreland, Floodplain)